This one-day class builds upon your existing knowledge of CMMI V2.0 to provide you with a basic understanding of the CMMI Development (CMMI-DEV) view of the model.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Interpret CMMI-DEV V2.0, to serve effectively on an appraisal or process improvement team
- Know what it takes to be CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 2, 3, and beyond.
- Discuss each of the practice areas unique to CMMI Development V2.0:
This class should be attended by anyone who has had Foundations of Capability and may be:
- Heavily involved in CMMI-DEV V2.0-based improvement
- A candidate CMMI-DEV V2.0 appraisal team member
- Interested in becoming a Certified CMMI Associate or Certified CMMI Professional, and would like to know more about CMMI-DEV for the exam.
Have attended the Building Capabilities course. The Foundations of Capability class is a strict prerequisite. (It’s where you get that “existing knowledge” mentioned above.)
(CMMI V1.3 fans: The V2.0 rough equivalent of the three-day Introduction to CMMI V1.3 is the two-day Foundations of Capability followed by the appropriate one-day Building Excellence course [Development or Services].)